Partner, Expert Services
Delay | Quantum | Expert Witness | Arbitration
Michael is a Chartered Civil Engineer holding a post-graduate Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration. He is also a Corporate Member of the UK’s Institution of Civil Engineers, UK’s Institute of Chartered Arbitrators and the UK’s Academy of Experts.
His main focus is the resolution of the disputes that arise in the construction and engineering industries. He has acted as an Arbitrator and been appointed as a Delay Expert, Quantum Expert and Technical Expert. He has been involved in managing arbitrations, drafting of contract terms, preparation of claims and advice on responses to claims. He has also been involved in settling disputes through alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, independent expert determination and the direct negotiation of settlements.
Michael has over thirty years’ experience with nearly twenty years’ international experience having worked in UK, UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Algeria, Egypt, South Africa, Tanzania, China, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey.
Expertise and Skills
- Expert Witness
- Arbitration Management
- Claim Preparation and Defence
- Contract and Commercial Management
- Civil Engineering and Project Management
- Civil Engineering Degree, Loughborough University (UK)
- Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration, Queen Mary College London University (UK)
- Chartered Engineer, UK Engineering Council